Research has shown that
living with cats can improve your health and reduce your stress
About Our Cats
Many of the cats trapped at a colony (group of outdoor cats) are abandoned strays or kittens in need of rescue and adoption. Sadly, many stray cats were taken in as kittens and cast aside when they were no longer convenient. Many that we find are young and want desperately to be back inside a home.
When you adopt an animal that was once an indoor pet, or give a kitten born outside a chance at a comfortable and spoiled life, you keep them out of the shelter system and help free up our resources to help more cats in West Philadelphia.
Every cat we adopt out is spayed/neutered, vaccinated for FVRC/P, rabies, tested for FELV/FIV and treated for worms and fleas. Each cat has been quarantined for a minimum of 2 weeks.
We have no central building or shelter in which to hold animals, so each cat we assist stays with a foster parent until adopted, or is transferred to our adoption partner, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Agency, or PAWS. The foster person of each kitty knows his or her cat, so if you are looking for a particular personality, or want to know if a cat is good with children or dogs, the foster should be able to give you a good sense of whether or not their cat will work in your home.
Our Adoption Process
Please complete the adoption application. Upon approval, we will put you in touch with the foster home of the cat or kitten of your interest. Adoptions are finalized with the signing of an adoption contract, payment of an adoption fee, and best of all, bringing kitty home! For cats older than six months, the adoption fee is $65. For kittens younger than six months, the adoption fee is $108 for one, or $162 for two.
Due to rising costs associated with basic vet care for our cats and kittens, we will be increasing our adoption fees, effective July 15, 2020. For adults (cats older than six months), the adoption fee will be $75. For kittens younger than six months, the adoption fee will be $125, or $200 for a pair. Thank you so much for understanding!
Our Adoption Policy
- You must be 18 or older to adopt. If you are under 18, please have a parent or guardian submit the application on your behalf.
- All cats must be kept indoors upon adoption. In special circumstances, we may waive this requirement on a case-by-case basis.
- We do not adopt to any home that will de-claw an animal. De-clawing is cruel and unnecessary.
- All cats and kittens must be spayed/neutered prior to adoption.
- Your adoption fee helps to cover a small part of the costs of veterinary care. However, we strongly recommend that you take your new kitty to your vet for a check-up shortly after adopting to establish a relationship and hopefully a lifetime of regular checkups and care. Please see our Resources page for a list of local veterinarians.
Copyright © 2020 Project MEOW. All Rights Reserved.